The Ostore is only for Android smartphone owners. For the time being, we only support Chinese apps but you can download any Android APK (Android app file) from the Google Play Store and install it into your Rise.
Android apps are aimed to work on Android smartphones and tablets, not on a round display like the Rise therefore from the millions of apps available, some of them will simply not work properly on the Rise. Some of them will work and that’s the reason your feedback is key.
After the beta test period, we will add the best apps into the Ostore. Our plan is to open the Ostore in September 2016.
1) Select the URL from the Google Play app you want to test.
2) go on APKpure.com.
3) paste the Google Play link of an app into APKpure.com.
4) download / extract the apk.file / copy it.
5) paste it anywhere the Rise connected via the Ocharger cradle to your laptop.
6) install the APK via the File Manager / APK of your Rise.
7) your app is now visible in your Rise and ready to be tested.
8) share your feedback about that app in our social media channels.
Please note that we will be “beta test period” for the next few months. The Rise is not a product you can find in the retail market; it’s an exclusivity for the moment. The feedback from the community of backers will allow us to upgrade the firmware multiple times to and build the International Ostore.
IMPORTANT: you can literally install any Android app from the Google Play Store into the Rise; that’s exactly what you can’t do with an Android Wear smartwatch or an Apple Watch. However, over the hundred thousand apps you can browse in the Google Play Store not all of them are either relevant or functional with a full round display. Some of the apps you may install will not run at all but some of them will run properly; Omate is not responsible for 3rd party applications which could damage your Omate Rise. The device is delivered clean of any app so please treat it well.